Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's August - Time to Start Getting Ready

Well, we don't start school until the day after Labor Day, but I've got SO much to do.

* Go through papers from last year for all three of my children. Keep only 1-2 things from each month.
* Print, print, and print. My first priority is to print out all the manuals that I've done in my Montessori Online Training Class. Then, I need to print Montessori Grammar materials, and then Geography. After that, I need to print some seasonal activities for preschool for September. Then Montessori Math materials.
* Go through Theme List for September for preschool and check books that I have here and see if there are any books that I want to check out from the library. Check to see if I have all the apples that I need for various works.
* Order any books that I need for homeschooling.
* Buy anything that I need for homeschooling from the local teacher's store.
* Make a list of books that I need to check out of library in September for homeschooling.
* If I end up with an extra $100 that I don't know what to do with, order the Botany Cabinet and Color Box 3 from Adena Montessori.
* Make Continent Felt Map.
* Make sensorial materials that I still want to make.
* Make math materials that I still want to make.
* Make language materials that I still want to make.
* Oh yea, I also want to print control sheets for the Botany Puzzles and Zoology Puzzles from Montessori N' Such freebies section. And create labels. And create felt versions of the Botany and Zoology Puzzles.
* Order Montessori Geography Control Maps from Montessori N' Such.
* Update Parent Handbook, and other forms.
* Create bulletin board for Fall.
* Buy new student folders, markers, crayons, etc. for preschool.
* Buy new notebooks for homeschool.
* Organize homeschool room.
* Organize preschool room.
* Organize playroom.
* Organize sleeping areas (for Montgomery Academy All Day students.)
* Buy and put up the new wooden playset outside

No comments: