Dr. Suess and Being A Great Me!
March 1-5, 2010
Letter of the Week: Qq
Letter of the Week: Qq
Number of the Month: 7
Shape of the Month: Trapezoid
Color of the Month: Green
Nursery Rhyme: Little Boy Blue
· At the sensory/art table, we have green play-doh, salt tray, and nature box.
· At the paint easel, we have green paint and green DOT paint.
· On the practical life shelf, we have lock puzzle, lock and key, tonging, lacing, , sorting pom-poms by color, sorting quilts by size, transferring with a dropper.
· On the art shelf, we have a cat in the hat tracing sheet, quilt cutting sheet, Qq coloring sheet, Quack coloring sheet, shamrock stickers, shamrocks to glue, and then our free art supplies (paper, cardstock, construction paper, scissors, crayons, markers, pencils, tape, glue, stapler, and paper punch.)
· On the sensorial shelf, we have color tablets 1 and 2 and 3, the brown stair, block tower, and knobless cylinders, fabric box, and baric tablets.
· On the geometry shelf, we have the circle, triangle, square, and rectangle puzzle, and the constructive triangles. We have geometric shape cards. There is also a geoboard, shape sorter, and geometric solids, pattern blocks, and a shape game. We are also working on the geometric cabinet trays 8-10.
· On the letter shelf, we have sandpaper letters (lower case and upper case) alphabet cards, and leap frog letters. We also have objects, cards, and books for Pp and Qq.
· On the language shelf, we have CVC cards with middle letter “a”, picture cards with CVC words with middle letter “a” to match, calendar matching, and winter letter words. I also have the Bob books – Set A (easy reader books) on the shelf. There is also a flannelboard story (Quack, Quack) on the shelves and the farm.
· On the writing shelf, we are working on the trapezoid shape with the metal insets. We also have dry erase writing, letter stamping, magnadoodle, and CVC cards with middle letter “a” to spell with the moveable alphabet. We also have the number 7, the letter q and q word letter tracing sheets.
· On the science shelf, there is bird puzzle, bird books, bird cards and bird coloring sheets and the flower puzzle, flower books, flower cards and flower coloring sheets. We will be doing the fish and the root soon.
· On the geography shelf, there are the continent globe, sandpaper continent cards, the sand and water globe and the continent map puzzle. We have continent 3 part matching cards, and continent coloring sheets. We started the Asia continent box with Asia cards and Asian animals.
· On the math shelf, we have sandpaper numbers, number puzzle, number rods, number matching, spindles, and shamrock counting activities. We are starting more Montessori math activities this month.
· What we are reading: Cat in the Hat, Cat in the Hat Comes Back, Green Eggs and Ham, One Fish, Two Fish, A Bad Case of the Stripes, The Mixed Up Chameleon, Quack, Quack, and Chrysanthemum.