Friday, March 5, 2010

Valentine's Day Party

I will be the first one to admit that I don't love celebrating Valentine's Day at Montgomery Academy. It sort of drives me crazy that Valentine's Day now seems to be second in the holidays for amount of candy that my children receive. And it doesn't matter what I seem to decide about passing out valentines, it just always turns into a big free-free-all, and well, it just bothers me. But the children REALLY enjoy it, so I continue to do it. I also knew that having a Valentine's Party was something that the homeschoolers enjoyed about public school, so I wanted to have a party for them. So we had our party on Friday, February 12th. We also celebrated Chinese New Year.

Making Valentine bags

More bag making. A couple of the moms
were able to join us - which is always
fun for us (especially their children!)

Flower helping Little Boy
decorate his bag

We made Chinese lanterns
and did some Valentine coloring sheets
(the homeschoolers did the Valentine mancalas)
and we did an "I love you because . . ." sheet
for all the mommies.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: