Apples All Around!
September 21 -25th, 2009
Letter of the Week: A
Number of the Month: 1
Shape of the Month: Circle
Color of the Month: Red
• At the sensory/art table, we have red play-doh.
• At the paint easel, we have red paint.
• On the practical life shelf, cutting food, locks puzzle, nuts and bolts, sticks in a shaker, pouring, tonging, and button dressing vests.
• On the art shelf, we have a apple color page, and then our free art supplies (paper, cardstock, construction paper, scissors, crayons, markers, pencils, tape, glue, stapler, and paper punch.)
• On the sensorial shelf, we have color tablets 1, the brown stair, block tower, and knobbed cylinder A.
• On the geometry shelf, we have the circle puzzle. There is also a geoboard, shape sorter, and geometric solids.
• On the letter shelf, we have sandpaper letters (lower case and upper case) alphabet cards, and leap frog letters.
• On the language shelf, there is calendar matching, and fall letter words.
• On the writing shelf, we are working on the circle shape with the metal insets. We also have dry erase writing, letter stamping, letter tracing, magnadoodle, and moveable alphabet.
• On the science shelf, there is mammal puzzle – horse, plant puzzle – tree, and land and water cards.
• On the geography shelf, there are the continent globe and the sand and water globe and the continent map puzzle.
• On the math shelf, we have sandpaper numbers, number puzzle, number bears, bead matching, fraction puzzles, and spindles.
• We are reading Big Red Barn, A Day at the Apple Orchard, Ten Red Apples, One Little, Two Little, Three Little Apples, and Apples.