October 5-9, 2009
Letter of the Week: Bb
Number of the Month: 2
Shape of the Month: Triangle
Color of the Month: Blue
• At the sensory/art table, we have blue play-doh.
• At the paint easel, we have blue paint.
• On the practical life shelf, cutting food, locks puzzle, nuts and bolts, sticks in a shaker, pouring, tonging, and zip dressing vests.
• On the art shelf, we have a Bb color page, and then our free art supplies (paper, cardstock, construction paper, scissors, crayons, markers, pencils, tape, glue, stapler, and paper punch.)
• On the sensorial shelf, we have color tablets 1 and 2, the brown stair, block tower, and knobbed cylinder A and B and the red rods.
• On the geometry shelf, we have the circle and the triangle puzzle. There is also a geoboard, shape sorter, and geometric solids.
• On the letter shelf, we have sandpaper letters (lower case and upper case) alphabet cards, and leap frog letters. I’ve also added the Red Language materials (learning 3 letter words that start with r, a, m, f, b, i, t and g.)
• On the language shelf, there is classified cards on rooms in your house, calendar matching, and fall letter words. I also have the Bob books – Set A (easy reader books) on the shelf.
• On the writing shelf, we are working on the circle shape with the metal insets. We also have dry erase writing, letter stamping, letter tracing for B, magnadoodle, and moveable alphabet.
• On the science shelf, there is mammal puzzle – horse, plant puzzle – tree, and land and water cards.
• On the geography shelf, there are the continent globe and the sand and water globe and the continent map puzzle.
• On the math shelf, we have sandpaper numbers, number puzzle, number bears, bead matching, fraction puzzles, spindles, and seasonal counting activities.
• We are reading Corduroy and His Pocket, The Bear Party, The Little Fur Family, Blueberries for Sal, and Go Ask Mr. Bear.